Sunday, 1 November 2015

Sunday Summary | No Spirits: All Souls

Pre-emptor: There are flamingos 'subliminally' concealed somewhere in this post. First to comment here or post on FB that they've spotted them wins another Mars Bar; and I promise I won't make you wait two months to receive it this time ...

Hello, FOQ!

Now, don't all launch on me at once but I toyed with the idea of not posting this week.



I just ... lacked the motivation to Summarise. It's been one of those weeks in which, to paraphrase Del Amitri, Nothing Ever Happens:


with the exception of spending the latter part of the week hanging out with Ma QB, or more accurately waiting for Ma QB to be discharged from the hospital after a minor op so I could hang out with her.

I was left with potential acres of time in which I could have been writing, blogging, reading, 'rithmaticking and other pursuits.


But, hospital time being what it is, I ended up spending a lot of time this week ringing Ma's friends to arrange transport, texting people to let them know her progress, feeding the chickens the wrong things at the wrong time (but coming away with eggs, and finally getting a cuddle out of both of them followed by a vengeance peck on the arm from the temperamental one) ... and waiting.



And waiting.


And waiting some more.


In the immortal words of Sesame Street, "you've got to be patient to be a patient" (or the daughter of one, incidentally).

But to alleviate tension I spent a good amount of that other time (that could have been spent reading, writing and 'rithmaticking) ...

Tickling the Ivories



Essentially trying to work out how to play this:


but also revisiting pieces I've been playing since I was a teen-or-twenty. Like my bête noire, Sondheim's Send in the Clowns. Or the simplest, played-by-ear interpretation of Bring Him Home. I dunno. Stick me in a room by myself and I can play till the cows come home. But I can't play to the cows themselves without falling apart.

What gives?

Reading

Oh, for Pete's sake, yes, I am still reading Quiet. It's taking me ages. But it's so worthwhile. I love it. It makes my brain go click and makes my head nod with continual identification.


Binge-watching

Buffy.
So much Buffy.
Too much Buffy.


Not enough to make me regret not booking a photo session with James Marsters at Comic-Con Brighton next weekend, though, weirdly. Seem to have grown out of that obsession. 2002-era QB would have sold her innards for the privilege. 2015-era QB is a little bit ambivalent. (Sorry, Mr Marsters. You're 13 years too late for my epic fan-girling. You still have killer cheekbones though.)


And 30 Rock. Which at times makes me chuckle out loud. Alone. At home.


(Mostly at Alec Baldwin.)


Planning to Write Loads

No, really!

Why, yes, friendaroonies, I may have been slack on the writing front while playing Nurse Beffy but in a moment of insanity I've signed up to participate officially in NaNoWriMo again this year!


50,000 words in 30 days? 1,667 words a day? (Let's call it 2,000 and overachieve a bit.)

Easy.


Said no sane person, ever.

Still, I need something with which to chart my days now Chuck-tober is over.

And look! I've already clocked up 2k and it's only day one.


Pinterest Pin of the Week



Weekly Web Finds
{via here}

{see the whole cartoon here}
  • And finally ... I'd like this book please thank you kindly.

{via here}
Oh, will ya look at that? I came, I saw, I blogged after all.

Until next week ... keep cosy.


qb xx

PS Sorry, again with the no-call-outs this week. Next week ought to be more conducive to call-outs for my lovelies. I hope you know who you are and that I still think you're fabulous. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment