Sunday, 7 September 2014

Sunday Summary

This week, I have mostly been...

...in a black pit of grump. So, not a lot of activity a chez QB (you'll probably be glad to hear!)

But I have been:

Reading | The Hundred Year Old Man... by Jonas Jonasson



Designing | badges for Beebop Badges


I'll admit I've let this little sideline slip somewhat of late.

But once the excitement of the Big Trip is over and life is a little more routine at least for a month or two, I'll rededicate time to developing and updating the site.

Getting my happy on |
at my friends Fiona and Bianka's wedding reception

The girls got mawwied! I'm ridiculously proud. And I'm also pleased that I live in a time in which these two lovely ladies can get married and their commitment to each other can be officially recognised. Yay!

Oh and the reception involved cupcakes, glowsticks, and cheesy choonz of the Macarena/Saturday Night/Jive Bunny Mastermix variety.

These are all excellent things. Well played, ladies. Well played.

Counting down the days

Oui, mes amis, in just

9 DAYS

I'm leavin' on a jet plane for NYC. (Not sure I've mentioned this in the last six minutes, thought I'd best remind y'all...)

And I am SO DARN EXCITED.

I spent the earlier months of planning scrupulously poring over guidebooks and trying to regiment my days by neighbourhood (or, as the locals would have it, neighborhood), working out exactly where to go and where to be to get the most out of my trip.


Then I thought to myself, Self, this is an adventure. Adventure means exploration. Go and explore. (But just try to remember where your hotel is, y'know, to be safe.)



Ten Pins

My last ten pins on Pinterest:

{the wisdom of Ouiser Boudreaux}

{pont alexandre III | paris}

{startlingly self-evident but still reassuring}

{candy crush! | image by Adam Voorhes}

{shelf inspiration}

{1890 map of midtown Manhattan}

{inspirational quote}

{NYC ideas}

{NYC neighbo[u]rhoods}


Weekly Weblinks

Literary Linkage


Non-literary Linkage



Jusqu'à la prochaine fois...

No comments:

Post a Comment