Sunday, 31 August 2014

Sunday Summary

This week, I have mostly been...

Exhausted

Not physically, just somewhat emotionally.

I love living on my own, don't get me wrong. It's remarkably freeing.


And I love my flat; I love the personal space in a metaphorical, and physical, sense.

But sometimes having too much space gives me too much time to think, and overthink.

{INFJ is my closest Myers-Briggs type -- and this is very true!}

Not sure what happened the day I turned 36, but I seem to have cultivated a lot of opinions and values, and I'm determined to defend them to the death, whether they're about being coerced into Ice Bucket Challenges, or about the Co-op failing to remove red-top papers from children's sight in-store (so I'm boycotting the shop).

I spent much of my youth, twenties and early thirties with very little conviction about anything (living in mild fear that people wouldn't like me if I kicked off about something) -- and now I'm defiant. But hey:


Finishing | Empire of the Sun


Watching | the last episodes of Educating Yorkshire

...plus student Musharaf at Stammer School. Many, many tears were shed.


Listening to this song on repeat...


{BOOM CLAP | Charli XCX}

Finalising my plans! 

16 days till NY-SEE YA!

{via Pinterest}

I can think of very little else...

Ten Pins

My last ten pins on Pinterest:

{rosemary, lemon and vanilla | scent up your home!}

{Manhattan neighbourhoods}

{the new Foyles on Charing Cross Road}

{Primrose Hill Books}

{Serendipity, NY}

{the Shake Shack, NYC}

{Strictly Ballroom stills (and clips)}


{anticipation}

{Paris}

{aussi Paris!}

Weekly Weblinks

Literary Linkage

{David McKee | Look, it's King Rollo!}

Non-literary Linkage

{But who'd want to be inside when there's a water slide and infinity pool outside?!?}


{Adorbs.}
{by Akihiro Mizuuchi}

And finally, on a similar note...

{by Andrew Lipson -- see the process here}

Does this scene look familiar?

{Within You sequence from Labyrinth}

And the original:


 ¡Adiós, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment