Sunday, 29 December 2013

Sunday Summary (lite)

This {festive} week, I have mostly been…

Spending time with the family

It’s been a quiet few days at QB Heights: Parental Division, which has suited me fine.


On the morning of Christmas Eve I visited one of my oldest school friends who now has a beautiful ten-month-old daughter and in the afternoon met my cousin and his fiancé for coffee… as this happened.


Fortunately we’ve been at the other end of town so have been unaffected but the news has been full of the flood damage both here and in my adopted home county, Surrey.

Bring back the snow. All is forgiven.

But by and large we have kept to ourselves, watching DVDs and programmes and films on iPlayer:



Nativity and Jane Eyre to name but, well, two; reading (I am determined to finish Pride and Prejudice, and start-and-finish David Levithan’s Two Boys Kissing before the year is out…), playing carols on the piano – just lovely, easygoing family things.

 

I’ve also slept so much and so well that Sleepbot feels a little redundant at the moment. Bliss.

On Boxing Day, Ma QB, Sis and I headed out for a short, brisk walk around the 'hood. It was a not-too-cold but bright winter's day -- perfect for a couple of little sunburst shots (and the obligatory walking-feet shot...)!





It being Christmas and all, I should also mention I received some lovely, lovely gifts including The Great Gatsby on DVD:


some more of my favourite perfume:



chocolate, smellies, a custom-made badge and compact mirror, vino, and some money towards… well, whatever I fancy. Very possibly this hat:


I plan to do another little interim post around New Year’s Eve and Day since again I have no plans to go out but y’know what, that suits me fine! I have steak and red wine pie and Bucks Fizz. Plus a lot of cake. And Strictly Ballroom on DVD.


What more could a girl need?!


I leave you with this rather fabulous infographic/typographic poster that resounded with my creative self.
{via Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment