Sunday, 3 November 2013

Sunday Summary

This week, I have mostly been...

Storm-dodging | Nuff said.

Seeing | Rock of Ages This popular rock musical comes off the West End this week (I think) so a friend and I took the opportunity to see it in its last throes. It's very entertaining (for the mullets alone) and the 80s rock music is well interpreted and weaved into the storyline, which focuses on wannabe rocker "Wolfgang" whose ambitions are reignited when he meets Cherry, wannabe starlet. All does not go as planned for the young lovers -- at first they fail to realise their love for each other, he ends up in a boy band, and she somehow ends up an 'exotic' dancer (not sure the striptease-style dance number was aimed at my demographic... a little bit too Sun reader for this musicals fan!) but they find each other in the end -- and rock out to Journey!



Finishing | Middlesex I'm still nursing a book hangover over this one -- finished it on Wednesday and have yet to pick up something new! My review is over at Goodreads (with some spoilers -- be warned!).


Making | Minions out of Kinder eggs. Because I can.


{Photos on Instagram}

Animating | At Christmas for the last couple of years I've presented to my family (and select friends!) a little animation project I've been working on. It's very naive and slightly shabby, but fun -- and I'm always quietly pleased with the outcome. That's all I'll say on the matter for now but -- not long until the grand reveal!


Other shenanigans of the week:

Tove Jansson centenary marked by Sort of Books (hurrah -- one of my favourite authors)

New sports craze: underwater spinning classes. Shame I failed my cycling proficiency.

10 old letter-writing tips that work for email

Illustrators decorate paper watches for charity

Come fly dance with me | a great safety video produced by Virgin America

Rare pink hippo spotted in Zambia | not to be confused with this one:













And finally... What Does the Fox Say? | by Ylvis.

This. is. NUTS.


That's all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment