Saturday, 15 June 2013

What's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happening...

I really am the most appallingly sporadic blogger. Sorry.

But here's what's been going on in qb-land:

On the Sunday of the last Bank Holiday weekend, I sang on stage with Shane Richie and The Prelude, and a group of other ladies lovingly dubbed 'The Preludettes' at the Broadway Sound Festival in Haywards Heath:

I'm the pipsqueak with the bob who pops up behind the trumpet!

The sound dudes forgot to turn our mikes on so you can only hear us properly towards the end but it was one heck of a blast!

I became somewhat obsessed with cooking salmon in various different guises with an assortment of marinades (sesame oil or sweet chilli sauce) and alongside seasonal asparagus:

...and pak choi...

I was distraught by these books:

via here

via here

 and subsequently wept buckets over the film of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas...:



I've been rehearsing for my rock choir concert but in between have been listening to dance tunes on Gaydio -- arguably the best radio station for continuous dance music; it's really lifted my spirits of late!

Current favourite songs are: (predictably) Get Lucky | Daft Punk -- this is not the official video but this is superb:



and U Got the Power | Swiss Lips (Monsieur Adi remix)


(audio only)


And in between times, working and sleeping and wishing I had more time for blogging, creativity, and writing.

Must work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment